BigWallop

"Owain" wrote in message
Richard wrote
| Interesting stuff, the installer said it would be fine but I didn't
| see him analyse what was already on the ring so not sure how
| he came to this conclusion

I'm not sure how he came to any conclusion either. If he's being paid to
install it then he should *install* it, not leave half the job undone. If
he's not Part P certified then he must subcontract to someone who is. If he
hasn't connected it, how do you know what he's installed actually works?

Owain

Funny that, but that's what I first thought. If he was paid to install it, then
why leave the main connection for the householder to do by themselves? Unless
he was a floor layer with no electrical experience, or an electrician with no
Part P self certification. Weird that.