quisquiliae

John wrote:
The stud wall has always been there while Mum has lived in the house so I
don't know if it part of the original build or not. The house is approx 50
years old, and the council "did some work" on the bathroom and toilet prior
to my Mum moving in so it was probably put in then.

The wall is probably original if the house is anything like the one I
grew up in. What is on the floor imediately below? Probably a kitchen
covering the whole area of your proposed combined room. ie your new
layout will be the same as the ground floor plan. In which case i is
very likely the wall is not supportng anything

similar) says she will need planning permission in order to do this as she
is reducing the number of rooms in the house! I cannot see this as being

Don't think bathrooms etc count as 'rooms' in this context. Adding extra
rooms would be another matter.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"