John

"Set Square" wrote in message
Removing the wall would come within the scope of the building regs if it
is
structural. So you need to make sure that it isn't supporting the roof
joists.

I am not a structural engineer etc. but as far as I can see the wall isn't
supporting the joists. The joists and wall run in the same direction and
the wall is between two joists

If you can find evidence that it wasn't in the original build, this would
be fairly conclusive.

This may prove difficult, you know what councils are like!

Are the adjacent houses built to the same design?

I will ask next door if I can have a butchers at theirs next time I'm at my
Mums.

I rather fear that the electrical changes would come within the scope of
the
new Part P regs. If I were doing it myself, I'd use some of my stock of
old-colour cable, and pretend that I'd done it prior to Jan 1!

My thoughts exactly!!

Cheers

John