Set Square

Default Level of pipes in primary HW circuit

I currently have a Y-Plan heating system. The pump and 3-port valve are both
in the airing cuboard with the 3-port valve sitting more or less on top of
the pump. The outlets from the 3-port valve - one to the coil in the
cylinder and the other to the radiators - are horizontal, and are level with
the top indirect coil connection, about half way up the cylinder.

The 3-port valve is showing its age and will soon need replacing. I would
like to convert to an S-Plan system by replacing the 3-port valve with two
2-port valves plus an automatic by-pass. I would also like to insert some
full-bore lever valves to make it easy to isolate each component for
maintenance.

I cannot do this without changing the layout somewhat. There is not enough
horizontal pipe either side of the 3-port valve (to be repaced by a tee) to
insert 2-port valves. So I would like to extend the pipework by a foot or so
above the current level, tee to 2 horizontal branches, and then come down
again vertically with a 2-port valve in each vertical drop. I would, of
course, put a vent pipe with bleed screw at the hightest point.

Can anyone see any problems with this?

TIA.
--
Cheers,