Mark D. Zacharias

I don't know about replacing all the caps, or how you feel about that
receiver, or how valuable you consider your time to be. Lots of people would
fix it even if it required paying a shop. Others wouldn't. Still others
would fix it themselves just because they enjoy a "project". Some people
prefer buying new stuff just because it's new and the receiver isn't. Which
category do you fall into?

Mark Z.

"chris C" wrote in message

thanks again,
I have a theoretical background in electronics (communications
engineering degree) but I have no experience in repair, so please bear
with me.

Would it be wise to simply replace all the caps in the power supply
(I'm assuming it's the electrolytics that are the problem) or am I
better off throwing the unit away?

--
chris C