Darrell Feltmate

Barry et al.
I have worked with a chain saw most of my life. When I was much younger I
spent summers working with Grampy in the pulp woods although we cut some
lumber logs and firewood. I notice I did not take it up as a life trade?
Hard work. I recall patching my first chain saw cut at the age of 14. Not
fun. A couple of things:
1) stay out of the line of fire
2) the kick comes mostly from the nose, keep it out of the wood
3) keep the chain tight, it loosens as it heats so snug it up now and then
3) if you must fell alone, use a come along to direct the tree
4) do not fell alone
5) we call it protective clothing for a reason
6) be cautious, not afraid
I have seen cut hands (not easy but it can be done), legs, arms, boots,
feet, and heads. I assume backs and bellies are possible. I have not had a
chain cut myself and do not want one. Glad your friend is ok.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate