Grant Erwin

Default Running compressed air line from garage to basement.

The positive things about the pancake compressors is they are light and
portable. The negative things about them is that they are loud and will
wear out quickly.

GWE

Ignoramus13229 wrote:
Now that I have a nice 60A subpanel in the garage, I can finally
afford to plug in whatever I want without tripping my breakers.

The subpanel has the following receptacles:

1) 50A 220V range receptacle
2) 20A 220V receptacle
2) Two 20A 110V receptacles

The eequipment that I am thinking about is a 2.2HP Harbor Freight
pancake compressor.

What I am thinking about is this: setting it up in the garage to be
plugged on, for extended periods of time (like one day when I have
some projects to do, not necessarily permanently). It turns on only
when necessary, obviously, so it will run only 1% of the time anyway.

Then I would somehow install plumbing for compressed air from the
garage, to my basement workshop. It is easy location wise, all I need
is to drill a hole in the bottom of the garage wall and it goes right
into my basement crawlspace.

Then, I would install some sort of a permanent air "outlet" in the
workshop, into which I would plug tools and hoses.

What I am looking for is some thoughts on whether this is a sane idea,
and if so, what plumbing to use and what outlets etc. I want to do a
nice job, but not spend too much. And I want it to look sensible and
be highly usable.