Ken Grunke

aribert wrote:
I have an old '50s vintage Craftsman horizontal 4 x 6 cut off saw -
predates the H/V stuff from today but the same general configuration. I
bought it in very used but functional condition about 15 years ago. A
couple of years ago the blade would not keep from coming off of the
wheels. Specifically the blade walks off of the non-driven wheel within
2 to 3 rotations of the wheel.

I had the same problem with my saw, a mid-70's Taiwan made unit. I
bought it used, it had no tires and I've been using it that way since I
got it.
The blade stopped it's popping off when I really cranked down on the
tension as hard as I could by hand, then just a bit more with a big pair
of channellocks. You might try taking the tires off.

Ken Grunke

--
take da "ma" offa dot com fer eemayl