NSM

"electroninja" wrote in message
oups.com...
| NSM--
|
| Help me out here--you/ve mentioned the temp probe twice now and you've
| sent me in previous correspendence to
| http://www.euras.com/repair_tip_/sha...1810-sharp.htm, an
| overseas repair service.
|
| I don't want to offend anyone trying to help me, but I've got to ask
| you

: Do you have a repair manual?

No. Is there one?

Apart from the aforementioned site which in fact has only this fault: "LIST
OF FAULT SYMPTOMS: Operates for 2 minutes and shuts down. Cooling fan motor
runs continuously or operates intermittently" which seems to be almost
exactly your fault, it seems there is no service support. I'm giving you the
best advice I can under the circumstances.

FWIW, it's easy to become too hung up on the 'right way' as if it was god
given. Example: If the zener diode is open, a new diode cannot make the
problem worse so try it and see. That's what the pros do - believe it or
not. Servicing isn't about some sort of magic finding of the right answer -
it's about not wasting time on things which cannot be the problem - as
Sherlock Holmes was wont to say, "When you have eliminated all which is
impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".