BobS

Cut a 30° slice of wood, place it flat against the fence then place the
truss against that piece and make the cut. You will want to support the
truss and clamp it down when making the cuts. I've built 3 sheds in the
past two years using that method and it works fine.

Bob S.

"scott" wrote in message
I am making a cubbyhouse for the kids, and would appreciate some help with
cutting the birdsmouths out for the rafters.

Using my compund mitre-saw, I can easily cut the required 30 deg side of

the
birdsmouth, but I can't figure out how to make the 60 deg cut for the

other
side. Is there a trade-trick that I don't know about, or is this something
that can't be done with the mitre saw?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott Forbes