John Rumm

Mike Dodd wrote:

Bugger. I have now searched for the infamous "noggin", and found the advice
alluded to above. My problem is that drilling a hole through the noggin
might be rather more tortuous than you might expect - have you ever seen a
component video cable with three moulded phono plugs attached Time to
find a 2mm drill bit and go noggin hunting I think.

A Zircon triscanner pro will find the noggin for you (RS components),
other "stud finders" are frequently as much use as an ashtray on a
motorbike.

Use the spade bit to drill a serise of overlapping holes into the wall
in a vertical line where the noggin is. Drill a half inch further into
the wall that the depth of the plasterboard and you will have a channel
ready to take your cable.

--
Cheers,

John.