Alan

Default Wiring Wickes security light

In message , 4-LOM
wrote
I've just got a 150W PIR security light from Wickes, but the "manual"
(sorry, I mean scrap of paper) isn't very helpful. I can see how to
wire it up to run on automatic all the time, with an isolation switch
to turn it off completely, but I want to know how to set it up for
manual override.

Usually if you switch the lamp on-off-on within a few seconds the light
remains on with the PIR disabled.

To put it back to PIR mode turn the light off - leave it off for 30
seconds - and then switch it back on again. the light will come on but
then automatically go off after the time-out period unless triggered by
the PIR.

Ideally I'd like to be able to override it manually from two different
places, which involves the added complication of two way swithing,
although I don't even know if this is possible atm.

The automatic PIR/manual override mode is purely on the switching of the
supply to the lamp.
--
Alan