Set Square

D Simmonds wrote:

Thanks for the above. I measured the pump with it out of circuit, and
get a zero resistance. There is definately a short somewhere, as even
with the pump disconnected from the circuit i am still blowing the 3
amp fuse. I am going to try and chase the short down, but none of the
wiring has changed from the original setup as far as i'm aware - of
course i'm only human! luckily i was away for the weekend so got heat
and hot water!!!!

The cylinder stat has resistance as i'd expect, - but i'm not sure
how (which wires) to check for the mid position valve .... - i presume
they are capable of shorting out as well. I shall see if i can
discover more .....

Dave

Any chance you can post a link to an installation manual - or wiring
diagram - for your new boiler. I'd like to try to work out just how the pump
is supposed to connect - particularly since you've done it differently!

Do you mean there is zero resistance across the pump itself, or across the
terminals where it connects but with it disconnected? With what did you
measure this resistance?

Have you tried connecting the pump directly to the mains? What was the
result?
--
Cheers,
Set Square