Lurch

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:27:31 -0000, Ro
strung together this:

Is it normal for the fuse to have a lower rating than the circuit breaker?
I would have thought that the circuit breaker would trip first, and that
the fuse was a final fail-safe.

Are you sure it's a MCB and not an RCD. If it's an RCD then the
current rating is a maximum working current. RCDs don't trip on
overcurrent, only earth faults.

The size of the supply cable will determine the size of fuses\MCBs
etc..

I have also noticed that the lighting circuit mcb trips everytime one of
the halogen spots in the kitchen, or living room blows. Is this normal?

Yes, although it can be altered. Usually fitting a type C MCB stops
the nuisance tripping, as does changing the MCB for a HRC fuse.

(I should mention that everything in the appartment is electric, even the
central heating boiler!)

Oh dear!
--

SJW