Mike Marlow

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Yeah, true, but even if the cost to produce them was $10 - and I highly
doubt it's more than about $3, that kind of markup would be way over
what's
typical for profitability.
--

-Mike-

Typical selling price for items sold through the retail distribution

system
have selling prices about 4X the cost of material. Next time you chug a
beer, drink a store bought cup of coffee, replace a printer ink cartridge,
apply a gallon of paint, see if you can justify your statement in light of
the cost of raw material.

That markup seems pretty high Edwin. There is more than just the cost of
raw material to be considered. There's the cost of manufacturing and
potentially middle- costs. That would make the markup on the "produce" less
than the 4X for raw materials. The poster we both replied to and the
comment we were both commenting on was a finished goods cost of $10.
--

-Mike-