Lane

Default Is my old Delta Grinder Shaft Fixable?

I own an older Delta Grinder that I bought at a garage sale some time ago
for $5.00. I can't find a model number, but there is a serial number plate
on the back that reads "16-204". It uses 7" x 5/8" bore wheels. Currently I
can only use one wheel because the shaft on the left side is buggered up.
But for $5 it is still worth it. The threads appear to be 5/8" acme type -
left hand. There are hardly any thread left for the nut to grab a hold of.
My question is, is there some way to build it back up and re thread it
safely and at reasonable cost? I looked at the McMaster web site and can't
find a listing for a acme thread die. MSC lists acme taps but not dies.

Thanks again to all those who so willingly give of their knowledge on this
NG. I appreciate it very much.

Lane