keith

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:58:15 -0800, Roger Shoaf wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
The two or three times I've used an angle grinder, the one was to remove
wood from the bottom of a door. I know a jack plane was the right tool. I

do
have one, and used it. but it doesn't plane the end grain very well. A

belt
sander is the correct tool, bu I don't own one. So, the angle grinder came
out of the box. Use light pressure, adn keep the wheel moving, cause
otherwise it smokes.

What I might suggest next time you need to trim the bottom of a door is to
clamp a straight edge to the door and use that to guide the skill saw.

I prefer a router (with a strait edge clamped, as you suggest) for
trimming doors. If need be I'll chamfer the edges slightly to clean 'em
up.

Also
be sure to paint the bottom of the door you just cut. A coat of primer
works fine. The idea here is to keep the end grain sealed to prevent
door swell.

If the door was sealed to begin with. Mine are simply stained and not
sealed. :-(

--
Keith