mcp6453

Jim B wrote:
Sorry, posted to wrong ng.

My O/S is Win98SE, whenever I bootup if my IP Confugration screen is
other than "64.126.4.189" I cannot get online with Linksys router. I need to
"run" winipcfg.exe to "Release All and Renew All" to obtain the exact DNA
Servers.

Where and how to set "64.126.4.189" as default address once and for all,
without the need to "Renew All" at every startup. I have update the router's
firmware and it's not a router problems. My other computer connected to this
router is trouble free with O/S WinXP.

Thank you in advance... I really need help.

Your router should be handling out DNS servers for you. If you want to
hard code them, go to your NIC card TCP/IP properties, find the DNS
entry, and hard code it in there. I'd give you the exact steps, but I
don't have a 98 machine in front of me at the moment. You will have to
reboot. Also, you should enter two DNS servers. Check with your ISP to
determine what they are.

By the way, you have something configured wrong in either your router or
your computer. DHCP is supposed to avoid this problem.