Walter R.

Default Does this meet electrical Code?

I removed a dysfunctional "Kitchen in the Closet" from the closet in my den.
It had hot/cold water, a washbasin, a refrigerator and a 4 burner stove. An
amazing fixture, but useless for me.

I cut off the plumbing drain, glued a cap on it and used the valves to turn
off the water. The electric wiring consisted of 3 # 10? wires. I don't think
anyone would have a problem with the plumbing.

I cut the electric wires, put wire-nuts over the cut ends, and enclosed it
all in a small metal junction box. The junction box and the capped plumbing
I surrounded with a small wooden enclosure against the dry-wall.

It looks neat, but how many codes did I ignore? Here are two photos:

http://home.san.rr.com/iconoclast

Thanks for any input.

--

Walter