Andy Wade wrote:
wrote:

I've had my underfloor heating installed but not wired in yet. I

plan
to wire it in where I have removed a double socket, so on the ring
main. Do I just wire in a FCU to the old socket cables and then the
thermostat from that?

Alarm bells loudly ring. What's the scope of the underfloor heating
installation and what sort of load are we talking about?

I read in some posts that permanently fixed heating devices

shouldn't
be wired directly to the ring main and if this is true [...]

Quite right. Any comprehensive space heating installation needs its

own
dedicated circuit or circuits from the consumer unit or distribution
board. Unless this is something very small and localised it's not at

all appropriate to feed it from an existing ring circuit.

Underfloor heating comes under the 'special installation' provisions

of
Part P and requires a Building Notice or installation and sign-off by

member of a competent persons scheme, even if no new circuit is

provided.

--
Andy

Interesting stuff, the installer said it would be fine but I didn't see
him analyse what was already on the ring so not sure how he came to
this conclusion

The room size is 20m2 but the UFH area is probably about 15-16m2

From what I remember and by looking at the wires coming out of the

screed there are 2 heaters and I'm pretty sure they are 2KW each.

On the existing ring which serves the dining room and the kitchen are
the following:

Toaster, Dishwasher (spur), Coffee machine, hot tub (connected from a
FCU which was spurred from the ring) and a fridge freezer (Spur) kettle
is also there but very rarely used. The hob and the oven are on their
own circuit of course

Thanks for your repsonses.

Cheers

Richard