Default FCU Wired to Ring Main?

Hello

I've had my underfloor heating installed but not wired in yet. I plan
to wire it in where I have removed a double socket, so on the ring
main. Do I just wire in a FCU to the old socket cables and then the
thermostat from that? I read in some posts that permanently fixed
heating devices shouldn't be wired directly to the ring main and if
this is true what is the correct way to do this using my existing ring
main cables, do I need to use a junction box and spur from this? not
sure how this is different though. Help and explanantions appreciated.
TIA

Cheers

Richard