Randy Zimmerman

I have done numerous hanrail returns on pipe rail, some of them between
flights of stairs and simple ones at the foot of stairs.
The down and dirty way is to get some material bent up by a shop that
specializes in bending then splice your return on to the rail.
Unless you have some pretty fancy bending equipment you will not get a
quality bend that will withstand the inspection of peoples' hands every day.
I have seen quality bends done with sand filled pipe, a large torch and
a very heavy table with a com-a-long. You are using galvanized so that is
not an option.
When you splice the return on it is much easier to do if you use a short
insert inside the connection.
Randy

"Terry Collins" wrote in message
What is the easiest wat to put a "rams horn"[1] onto the end of a piece
of galvanised pipe that is going to become a hand rail?

2" gal pip, with say 1' inner radius 180 degree curve on end.

TIA.