Virgil Kent

Default HELP: Paint a radiator?

Hello,

I live in an apartment and have a radiator that appears to have been
painted over many times. The outermost layer is a white latex that has
yellowed.

I'd like to paint the radiator and the steam pipes connected to it black
or I saw an aluminum-colored paint at Home Depot. Can I use regular
paints on the radiator? Please note that I have a two-year old
daughter....are there any health concerns about using the wrong kind of
paint on pipes that heat up?

Also, I'm not concerned about impeding the amount of heat coming from
the radiator by painting it. My apartment gets PLENTY of heat.

Thanks!!!

--Virgil