Joseph Meehan

g wrote:
I would like some advice about replacing wood windows.

a) Is this a relatively easy DIY job? Seems so, but are their gotcha's

Depends on the DIYer and the job.

b) Vinyl or Wood? I think I like the idea of vinly, but are their
advantages of wood (cost, etc).

High quality vinyl is good, but cheap vinyl is worthless. Remember that
wood has proven to be a good window material for centuries. However it is
quality not materials that make the biggest difference. I would want wood.
I have vinyl clad wood right now and I am happy with them as that
combination seems to give me the best of both.

c) Can anyone recommend where I can purchase replacement windows in
the West Los Angeles Area..unless there are online sites that work
out better.
d) Any good online resources for these questions?

Thanks In Advance

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math