Markus Splenius

On 08 Jan 2005 20:47:59 GMT, ojunk
(KKEVINRCARTER) wrote:

Can anyone advise me as to why a Region 1 DVD disk won't play without jumping -
on DVD players which have been "made" multiregion?

I have a DVD import which seems to play for about 15 - 20 minutes then starts
jumping.

This happens on 2 different DVD players so it can't be the DVD.

When the DVD is placed in another DVD - or the same scene played at a later
date it doesn't jump. So it can't be the disk?

Could be NTSC to PAL conversion going funny.

If you have a DVD writer or know someone that does, you could try the
following:

Rip the DVD to your hard drive using DVD Decrypter
(
http://www.dvddecrypter.com/)

Shrink the resulting files using DVD shrink
(http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Vobtools...ink32setup.zip)
so they fit on a 4.7GB blank (most consumer DVD players won't play
DVD+R9 blanks).

Write the image produced by DVD-Shrink to a blank DVD using either DVD
Decrypter, Nero, or any other burning software. The resulting disk
will be region free and should happily play in any player.

Guides for doing this kind of thing can be found at www.doom9.org

M.