Roger Shoaf

"Dave" wrote in message
news:eRTDd.17273$8l.12748@pd7tw1no...
A 20 amp two pole breaker is worth about 15 bucks. Although I agree in
principle that the system should run fine on the 30 amp circuit, I wonder
whether your warranty would still hold if something happened. The internal
wiring on their machine will not be of adequate gauge for 30 amps of
current. In the owner's manual they will say that they want a 20 amp
circuit, not a 30 amp circuit. Sure, Grizz should have designed the system
to internally trip with excess current. But if you blow the motor and

Grizz
find out that 30 amps were running through the wires, they might find

cause
to blame you for some of that problem. Changing the breaker is a

one-minute
job. Cheap insurance.

Dave

I think you are thinking that the circuit breaker protects the item powered
by the circuit. This is not the case. The breaker or fuse protects the
wire from being overloaded, not the device. Quite common to plug a 60 watt
lamp into a 20 amp circuit. If the lamp developed a short to ground it
would hit 20 amps in a big hurry.

On a saw, if you were trying to cut through some nasty gnarly sappy wood
with a dull blade mounted backwards the thermal cutout would pop to protect
the windings on the motor long before it would pop the breaker.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.