Leon

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

While I doubt that anyone would move wood through the saw that fast, if
you
hand slips or something startles you that's another story. 4.5 MPH is a
fast walk--it's not hard to move your hand faster than that.

Yes , true, some one is going to do that eventually.

And according to Sawstop's own claims about stopping time, the blade would
be 10mm (not quite half an inch) into your finger, which for most of us
means your finger would be more off than on--it might be hanging together
by a bone sliver and the flesh on one side but it will definitely not be
in
good shape.

I'll agree to that also although a 1/2 in deep cut is still pretty serious,
think of how bad it would be if the blade continued to spin with out any
type of stop. I can assure you that your reaction is not fast enough to
stop pushing your hand or finger through. Been there done that with a blade
that was coasting down to stop. I almost cut my thumb off at 2 places and
untill I saw the blood was under the firm belief that I had a kick back.