Greg O

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

While an angle grinder is handy for some things I would not use one for
sharpening a lawn mower. For this task I would suggest a bench grinder.
This would be much easier to get a good edge and you need to balance the
blade after sharpening anyway, (Or risk buggering up your bearing or shaft
on the motor.) so sharpening the blade on the mower is not really a good
option.

If you did want to sharpen a mower blade with an angle grinder, secure the
blade in a vise and try to maintain the proper angle on the grind. Or

just
rough it in and finish with a file.

--

I have been sharpening mower blades with a 4-1/2" angle grinder for years.
Clamp the blade in a vice and go for it. When I am done the blade looks like