Roger Shoaf

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
The two or three times I've used an angle grinder, the one was to remove
wood from the bottom of a door. I know a jack plane was the right tool. I

do
have one, and used it. but it doesn't plane the end grain very well. A

belt
sander is the correct tool, bu I don't own one. So, the angle grinder came
out of the box. Use light pressure, adn keep the wheel moving, cause
otherwise it smokes.

What I might suggest next time you need to trim the bottom of a door is to
clamp a straight edge to the door and use that to guide the skill saw. Also
be sure to paint the bottom of the door you just cut. A coat of primer
works fine. The idea here is to keep the end grain sealed to prevent door
swell.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.