Bubba

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:56:28 -0500, Astro wrote:

On 8 Jan 2005 02:23:32 GMT, Jim Yanik . wrote:

Bubba wrote in
:

Most areas wont even allow copper or soldered lines for gas. Gas
causes copper to flake inside and that plugs up controls. Also, flames
and gas arent a real good combination either.
Bubba

Then there are problems with leaky joints;bad news for gas,water is not
such a hazard.

That for real? About 6 years ago, I had a big underground gas tank
installed by the local gas company and they used copper throughout. Of
course, the lawn guy then promptly ran into the house feed and never told
me. Learned about that one went I went out back and smelled gas... That
installation was an accident waiting to happen...

Propane and copper...........Yes
Natural gas and copper......No