Bubba

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:32:39 -0600, (Hello
Friend) wrote:

'Here are my Qs:
What does the 2 stage furnace buy me? Do I need a 2 stage thermostat
then?'

The 2 stage furnace buys you some greater economy during times of the
heating season when you are not at full heating load (as determined by
the outdoor temperature for your locale). THis is obviously most of the
time. So, 2 stage operation of a furnace is almost always a good
feature. You dont necessarily need a 2 stage thermostat ; some
manufacturers of furnaces bring on the 2nd stage after 'x' amount of
minutes while others base it on how long it took the previous cycle to
complete the task of satisfying the thermostat (runtime). The installer
should know if a 2stage stat was absolutely required or not.

Hey Hello Friend.
You are a clueless dolt. You dont get "greater economy" from a 2 stage
furnace. You get greater comfort. If you heat on low fire it runs
longer. High fire heats faster. You still have to heat it.
You also dont know thermostats. IF you pay for a 2 stage furnace you
should insist on a two stage stat.

'They suggested I just leave my blower on 24x7 to get more even heat/ac
distribution and to continuously filter the air. Sounds logical -- is
it?'

Its good if you want a cleaner house ; it tends to work out ok for a/c
use, but, for heating...when the burners are not firing, youll feel the
cooler air objectionable especially if youre anywhere near a supply air
register. Try it and see how it is for you.

A "24x7" blower gives you a cleaner house? Ok, You are a ****ing idiot
now. What do you do in your spare time? Locksmithing?

'On my ac evaporator they plumbed 2 drain lines (Trane unit). One has
PVC pipe all the way to the drain, the other has just a short pvc line
directed towards the floor.'

THis is common. The pvc drain plumbed toward the floor is your
backup/secondary overflow in case the other one becomes plugged up .

'What is the significance to bending the refrigerant lines? The lines
come into the house, are bent 90 to the N then 90 to the W then 90 down
then 45, then back 45, and then 90 into the evaporator. The last
45-45-90 could be replace by two 45s (they just left the old 90 on and
used the pair of 45s redirect the bad 90. Should I make them simplify
the connection? or is the extra 90 no big deal?'

Its not a big deal 99..9 percent of the time. When running freon lines,
you always want to try to make long radius turns or 45's if practical ;
It reduces the internal friction and reduces the change of kinking which
is more prone to doing 90's especially with the larger suction tubing
which is insulated. It also enables better oil return to the compressor
under many situations. I wouldnt insist they redo it.

Regards.

Wrong again duffus. Kinking is done by improperly bending pipe. Thats
why they make tube benders and bending springs. Oh, thats right, You
cant afford either. You live in a trailer.
Oil return is accomplished with a properly sized line set, you bone
head. Longer vertical lengths require P-traps to accomplish the oil
return. Manufacturers specs need to be checked for proper sizes and
lengths. You need to stick to something you know how to do and HVAC
AINT one of them.
Bubba