Holly

brugnospamsia wrote in message

Hi Holly,

Hi :-)

if you have used FTP in the past, why not now ?

ISTR having trouble getting my head around it last time, and also
because this poor old computer has very little space on the hard drive
and I didnt want to risk upsetting an old but stable Win98SE
installation by installing extra software.

You are still FTP-ing the HTML to the site - even if that operation is
hidden inside FrontPage ...

I had already given up on publishing using FrontPage when it started
going on about Server Extensions, as Mike Faithfull described in his
message. The tiscali website has a "WebFTP" section which doesn't need
extra software here, so I was using that but got stuck when it came to
the pictures. Anyway I seem to have worked it out now, although the way
I am editing the links is a bit long winded and I am sure there are
easier ways, but it will probably be quicker to continue as I am than to
try learn new tricks at this stage :-)

Another thing I have discovered is that the tiscali WebFTP has a button
one can press to check that links are valid, which is most useful.

Thanks again to everyone, I'll post the link to the site when it is
finished, including the picture of the water stains on the oak and the
finished staircase.
Holly