IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:58:12 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:08:37 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

The makers stated overload was fine.

Really? In writing?

We had it in writing from the gas boards. Tables etc.

Oh, so it must be right, then. Dear, dear.

No. They could operate at 100% overload, but 100% of the time. Very

clear.

I see. So a 100% overload all the time was OK for the domestic
consumer, who the gas boards could push around because they had no
choice......

One would not be fitted to a commercial installation that ran at 100%

over
24/7.

Presumably because the customers had deeper pockets and would
complain....

For domestic it was fine. Got it? Read again if you haven't.

Oh definitely. If this is true, it's revealing but not surprising.

A domestic boiler is intermittent in operation, and
modern boilers modulate down, meaning meter
overload is even more feasible these days.

Accompanied by more fudge.

As you are hard of thinking, these days overload would be minimal

compared
to 25 years ago.

I don't buy that at all. With the increasing number of combi boilers
installed, the peak demands on gas supplies increases.

But the private sharks will still not accomodate it.

Quite right too.

Only on uk.d-i-y. ............and your knowledge of gas metering is????
er, er, er, what you picked up here, by read what I wrote. duh!