Bradley1234

Yes VCRs are trying to be phased out, but I dont believe it will fully
happen. DVDs are too fragile, the tivos are disk drives that are prone to
crash, but the VHS video tape is a zillion times more rugged than anything
Ive ever heard of, although in fairness you could get a DVD wet and other
stuff you couldnt do with tape

But just like cassette tape thats still very much in use, vcrs should be
around at least 20 years more

There always will be servo systems, I dont recall details about the vc93
model but servos are here to stay, if it will adapt?? then its worth it at
twice the price

"Jerry G." wrote in message
oups.com...
Sencore equipment is generaly very good in quality. At this time
however, I would not be investing too many dedicated tools for
servicing VCR's. They are slowly being phased out.

I am finding that some of the HiFi stores over here no longer have
VCR's in stock. The customer has to order one in advance.

As for doing VCR service, you would be best off to troubleshoot them
with a good scope, good DVM, test tapes, ESR meter, and video test
generator. At least when there are no more VCR's around to
troubleshoot, you can use all of these instruments, except for the test
tapes, for very much of all the other types of electronics out there.

You should be finding now, that the many of the replacement parts for
many of the VCR's are getting very scare to find.

Jerry G.
======