Scratch Ankle Wood

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

As for the DW744 being "kinda portable", do you think the magazine's
opinion would have changed if the DW744 (or Bosch) would have been
mounted on a different stand like the Ridgid stand/cart?

TMT

I own one (Dewalt). Moving the saw on the stand it came with caused the
fence to move out of whack every time. When I mounted it on a cabinet
and used the cabinet to move it (that is grab it by the cabinet top
instead of the saw), it stayed put. So if it is mounted to a base and
the base gets all the pressure, it might be able to be more portable.
It wouldn't make it easier to for me to get it out of my basement but
that's due the physical set up of the basement and my back.

Big thing is to put any stress on the base the saw is mounted to and
keep it off the saw and its cabinet. If that can be done so the fence
setting doesn't change, then the Dewalt would be a good saw for a job
site. Once I solved the problem of moving the saw around in my shop I
have not had to reset the fence and it maintains very good accuracy.
Raising the blade is still a PITA but that's a different issue.