Stormin Mormon

The two or three times I've used an angle grinder, the one was to remove
wood from the bottom of a door. I know a jack plane was the right tool. I do
have one, and used it. but it doesn't plane the end grain very well. A belt
sander is the correct tool, bu I don't own one. So, the angle grinder came
out of the box. Use light pressure, adn keep the wheel moving, cause
otherwise it smokes.

The other was when I was trying to get my trailer to hitch to the ball on
the van. Well, the safety cables wouldn't go into the holes in the bumper.
too small of hooks. So, I used the angle grinder to remove some metal.

I plan to use the angle grinder some time next summer. My church has a girls
camp, which has a barn. The barn has several posts with big bolts sticking
through. The plan is to crank down the bolts good and tight. Take the excess
bolt off with a sawzall, and then smooth it out with Mr. Angle Grinder.

I think I paid $15 for mine from Harbor Fright, and worth every penny.

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

"James Nipper" wrote in message
news

What are some of the common uses for an angle grinder to the average
do-it-yourselfer?

Is is good for use to sharpen mower blades ?

I see they commonly have 4 1/4 inch and 7 inch sizes. Is there any
common reason why one is generally better than the other ?

Thanks for any comments or advice !!

--James--