Ben Freeman

Default Extending CH to loft conversion

"Chris O" wrote in message ...
My loft room is only 2m high at the highest point. The header tank is in
there as high as it can go and the new rad in there works fine. Kept my
existing (12year old) boiler and the whole CH system works well still. My
builder was against putting in a combi system as he reckoned I would
probably get leaks elsewhere due to the increased pressure and (not
unreasonably) he wasn't prepared to be responsible for fixing existing
pipework. I certainly didn't see any point in replacing everything to avoid
that.

I think I'll go for keeping my current system with a raised header
tank and only convert to sealed if it proves problematic.

Cheers for all the advice.

Ben