Leonard Caillouet

I have used their equipment for 20+ years and found that some of it is very
good and very useful, but I would not consider the stuff made recently all
that great in reliability. I have an old VA62 that is far more reliable
than the replacement for it (which I also have). Some of their equipment is
great and has some unique features that save lots of time. I find that most
people never take the time to learn how to use it, so they don't benefit
from it. The HV drive test on the VA62 is a good example. I have
identified many bad transformers that had a good ring test. Also, on the
cap tester the DA test has identified many bad caps causing strange symptoms
that test OK for ESR and capacitance.

The newer equipment that we bought about 6 years ago has been rather
unreliable, however. Of 7 pieces, only the CR7000 (which has paid for
itself several times over) has never broken, and some of them need constant
maintenance of bad connections between boards.

Overall, I'd say the stuff can be very useful, but very much overpriced.

Leonard

"Stephen Sank" wrote in message
Has Sencore ever made anything that lived up to how they represented it?

I've certainly never
seen anything from them I considered well built or reliable.

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

It's probably a nice piece, but Sencore is really expensive. It better

have
all the latest HD formats.

I love it when Sencore says their piece will practically fix units for

you,
and provide all test signals now and in the future, then one year later,

or
less, try to sell you the next wiz-bang box.

Mark Z.

"Patrick T. Caezza" wrote in message
Does anybody have any experience with the Sencore VC93 All Format VCR
Analyzer? I would appreciate any input, good or bad.