Lazarus Long

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:23:41 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
I apologize for the OT post, but I feel the need to spead this story as
far as I can (and encourage you to do the same).

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...611825,00.html

What a bunch of greedy assholes.

I've boycotted them for years. Their cables are very over-priced wire.

I recall a test done by Stereo Review some years ago. In blind testing,
none of the listeners could tell the difference between Monster cable, other
high priced brands, and lamp cord.

I agree completely with the point that one almost certainly cannot
*hear* the difference between Monster's product and other interconnect
cables.

But that's where it ends. I've been heavily involved with wire issues
in the course of my employment and I can state most emphatically that
the other details of fabricating a cable leave Monster's and other
quality brands, Heads, Shoulders and Torso's above the utter junk sold
at Radio Shack or especially the **** that comes packed with whatever
electronic item one can purchase at any mass merchandiser.

Radio Shack in particular should be ashamed of what they sell as
interconnects.

Copper alloys used in making the actual wire is of critical
importance. the manner in which any terminals attach are extremely
important. The quality of the polymers used as insulation matters a
great deal. Theoretically at least (in the realm of physics) the
alloy of copper and the manner in which it makes connections does
impact the sound, but I'm here to say I can't hear it. But this isn't
about sound quality so much as the physical quality of the cabling.

Each and every low quality cable I've ever used has failed
mechanically and electrically. Stuff from Radio Shack in particular
turned to unconductive junk in short order. The poor interconnects
included with the VCR/DVD/Receiver or whatever have also failed.

You say what you like about Monster not being worth the money, but
they do without any shadow of doubt make very sturdy long lasting
cabling. Others do to. But the low cost crap foisted on an unknowing
public is utterly worthless in terms of physical quality.

No, I DON'T WORK FOR MONSTER! I do work for a company that uses a lot
of power cords and it is those that I am responsible for in my
engineering job at my employer. Wire matters. The alloy matters.
The manner in which the wire is joined to connections matter.

If you don't believe it, you're only fooling yourself.