Glenna:

Has anyone here had any personal experience with these panels (appear

be maybe 3' by 3', electric) or know anyone who has? It looks like

it
would be a great alternative for finishing also since there would be

no
open flame as with pilot lights. Is this "real" or "fluff" or a
questionable idea?

I put these same panels in my new home - in the bathroom
on top of a wood underlayment with ceramic tile on top - not
concrete. The product is not carried by every Home Depot. Even
tho, Robin and Dean buy their products from HD, it seems
that individual and regional HDs have some say in the products
carried. I had to order mine from a supplier in Calif (where I'm
located). The product works as advertised. It does warm up
the floor quite a bit. I have it set with a thermostat so that it
goes on just before we wake up and then off most of the day
until we go to bed. There's a manual setting as well.

We have had it for 7 months now and it works like a charm for
our bathroom. The company has a website (Suntouch?,
check the Hometime website for a link or name) and it
has a planning guide to allow you to determine your
need. I don't know if I would put these in a garage. I mean
the warming factor is really at your feet and not higher.

If I were to put under concrete heating system, I look into
a radiant heating system like they do a lot of on This Old House.
The output seems to be much higher in BTU's and would
warm the air around your body.

Good luck!

MJ Wallace