Swingman

"igor" wrote in message

you. What I find peculiar (not quite the right word here, but it will

have
to do) is that under your system in which the FF sets the "framework", if

side/top/bottom panel of a cabinet is not quite right on the money in

size,
you then have to adjust it.

Once again, two words, important concept: "Batch cut"

Granted, this is assuming that you have the tools (table saw in particular)
to do batch cutting.

For those who build the carcass first and then
the FF (by whatever method), if the FF is off in its size it is easier to
adjust it than it is to adjust a panel as under your method. I.e., it is
easier to take 1/32 off a FF component than it is to take 1/32 off a
plywood panel -- at least for some of us.

Batch cutting your parts almost always insures this won't happen (nothing is
"always" in wooddorking).

IOW, I normally don't care if a part that is "supposed" to be 12" is
acutally 11 63/64" instead, as long as ALL the other supposedly 12" parts
are 11 63/64" also.

AAMOF, I don't always use a tape measure to make the parts. I often use a
story stick I made on site, so I have no idea of the precise dimension in
units of whatever.

Of course, if one is very good at measuring, marking, and cutting panels

size, no adjustments are necessary. In some ways, I can see aspiring to
your system. I just don't see my ability -- in the near-term, if ever --
to meet its inherent standards. In any event, hats off to you for making
it work.

Actually, it _is_ an easier method by far for the unskilled than any other
.... how do you think I picked up on it?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04