Glenna Rose

Default Floor warmers?

After watching HomeTime before leaving for a 10:00 a.m. meeting this
morning, I have a question. They briefly, very briefly, showed putting
down floor warmer panels on a basement floor, "concreted" in (wasn't
watching that closely) and then covered with flooring. On the surface (no
pun intended), it looks like a good idea for the workshop end of my garage
until I'm able to do what I really want to do which is many years away
(and very expensive). On my way to the meeting, I really don't have a lot
of time to research it yet and will stop at HD (since they sponsor,
thought there's a remote change they might carry them) after the meeting
and hit the web tonight, but in the meantime . . .

Because of previous leg issues (mine not the furniture or tools), I'll
need to put some sort of flooring on the concrete where I will spend most
of my shop time and was thinking 3/4" plywood on furring strips and then
covered with that shop rubberized padding, so now would be the time to do
this if that's the plan.

Has anyone here had any personal experience with these panels (appear to
be maybe 3' by 3', electric) or know anyone who has? It looks like it
would be a great alternative for finishing also since there would be no
open flame as with pilot lights. Is this "real" or "fluff" or a
questionable idea?

Glenna