Doug Miller

In article , "TeamCasa" wrote:
Lou said:
I have a copper,10 gauge (3 wire - ground, neutral, hot) coming from a 30
amp (unused) breaker
Grizzly recommends 20 amp/220. Do I need to change
out the 30 breaker for a 20?

Lou, This sounds like a 110v Circuit.

Not if it used to power a water heater like he said. He's probably looking at
black-white-bare and thinking he's seeing hot-neutral-ground, when in fact
it's really hot-hot-ground on a 220V circuit.

--
Regards,