Doug Miller

In article , "BAF" wrote:

Please turn off HTML before you post again. Thank you.

Sounds like you're confusing 110 with 220

No reason at all to think that. He has a 220V table saw that needs a
(minimum) 20A circuit, and he's asking if it's OK to hook it up to a 30A 220V
breaker. No mention of 110 anywhere.

To run your Griz Table Saw (I have the 1023Z) you need to add a 220
breaker (looks like 2 breakers in 1 and takes up 2 slots) to you panel

No he doesn't. He already has a 220 breaker.

and then have a 4 wire cable (Neutral, ground, 110 Phase A, 110 Phase B)
run to the saw.

Wrong. He needs a three-wire cable (hot, hot, and ground). The table saw,
being a 220V device, doesn't need the neutral.

The gauge of the wire is determined by the distance the saw is from the
panel and the amount of current it will draw (in your case 20 Amps).

Wrong again. The gauge of the wire is determined principally by the rating of
the breaker protecting it. For the 30A breaker that the OP says he has, the
*minimum* wire size is 10ga copper (or 8ga aluminum) regardless of the
distance from the breaker to the equipment. In residential applications such
as the OP's, it is *highly* unlikely that the load can be far enough away from
the breaker as to require a heavier gauge of circuit conductor.

There's a formula for this but I don't have it handy so you should
really have someone who knows what they're doing (electrician?) help you
if you have any doubt about doing it yourself!

Well, at least *that* is good advice.

--
Regards,