I have access to a fair amount of black walnut free, and I have found
that it is beautiful stuff, especially with an oil finish. I also have
found that it tends to dull the tools more quickly than other woods I
have turned. I'm new to the art/craft, so the dulling tools may be due
to my not-so-good technique more than the black walnut. Still, I think
it looks really nice.

Henry wrote:
I love Black Walnut. It dries very stable. Cuts like butter. Will

take
most any finish and looks beautifully. The one problem with Black

Walnut is
it is toxic. 10% Black Walnut shavings in a horses bedding will kill

the
horse. Use an mask and long sleeve shirt. Take a shower afterwards.

Good luck and good turning.

Henry

"Reggie" wrote in message

I know black walnut is a hard wood but I have never seen it listed

in
any finished pieces. Is it available? Thanks for all the help good
people.....GOD BLESS....reggie

--
Reggie