Don Foreman

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:08:53 GMT, "Roger Jensen"
wrote:

I am silver soldering brass and carbon steel in making clock parts using a
high temp solder and a MAPP gas torch. What might you recommend to minimize
the amount of cleanup needed, thermal paste? Is so what's good etc, or are
there other means. My end results are polished parts and what ever can be
done to make it easier is what I am after.

It helps to use lots of flux. Flux loaded with oxides is much harder
to remove, so a surplus of flux actually makes cleanup easier. Hot
water usually is sufficient.