Gunner

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:49:18 GMT, Charles Morrill
wrote:

This seems to be the weekend for wishing you lived somewhere else.
I wish I lived in New York. There's an interesting machine on ebay that
looks complex enough to scare other buyers away. It's a Swiss sort of
horizontal machine that looks like it also has enough capabilities to
to some interesting things for a live steam modelmaker like myself:

It looks like the the ******* child of a macho Hardinge TM and a
lady Deckel who spent a drunken night in a cheap hotel room in NYC
after a chance meeting in a bar when the flights were snowed in.

It would likly be a damned nice model makers miller..er..machine.
Interesting little critter and very versitile.

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better,
on average, than the citizens of Baltimore.
True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee,
but why this is more stylish than
sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know."
-- P.J O'Rourke (1989)