willshak

On 1/8/2005 12:28 PM US(ET), took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Bill,

What I really don't understand is how can these spots show up only
recently? Did I missed them all at the beginning? I caught one
damaged spot right after possession and the carpet installer fixed
that. Now there are almost a dozen of these spots. I don't believe
the problem is caused by electricians or plumbers because the spots are
scattered everywhere, most of them are on the stairs but there are a
few in masterbedroom and family room as well. I thought about
manufacturing defect too but is it possible a manufacturing defect show
up a few weeks after installation? I want to learn more before I talk
to the carpet installer again.

Thanks

I don't know about you, but I don't inspect things inch by inch when I
first look into a room. Unless a defect jumps out and hits me in the
face, I usually just scan the room for size, layout, color, etc.
I think that once you saw that off-square carpeting, you started looking
at the carpet a little more carefully, thereby finding the other
defects, which you had overlooked before. If you didn't cause those
melted carpet spots, then someone before you did. That leaves someone
working on the house, the carpet installer, or the manufacturer.
I had my house built by a general contractor that I actually worked for
as a carpenter on a part-time basis (I had another full-time job with a
lot of weekdays off). I was even involved in the building of my house
and was being paid by the contractor. After moving in, there were some
things that I wasn't involved in, that showed up later, like some sloppy
plaster work on the drywall, gaps in moulding, a lump in the LR floor
due to a severe crown in the joist, etc.

--
Bill