bill a

You can't depend on metal sheathing to have continuity. The most kosher
way, and would probably meet most codes,
would be to run a green wire (THN, whatever) alongside the bx. The ends of
this wire would be connected just like
the bare wire in 12-2WG. Unless it's a fairly long run, I don't know that
it would be worth the trouble, though.
Bill

"Duane Mills" wrote in message
I have some 14 gauge "BX" or Armoured cable that I want to use in my Garage
for some more outlets etc. but I am not sure if it is OK to use. Why I am
not sure is that there is no ground wire in it. There is only a black, and
white wire in it with the paper wrap, then the armoured sheathing. I
believe
that the jacket is used as the ground, but I am not sure if that is legal,
or safe.
I live in Ontario Canada if that matters.
Thanks for any help I may get.

Duane