Paul Barker Paul Barker is offline
Senior Member

Hi IMM,

Hay I didn't mean to offend you.

Yes system boilers are as complex as combis minus the flow restrictor, filter, venturi, diverter system, hot water thermister, flow proving switch and plate heat exchanger/small store where fitted, hydraulic connections and added complexity to the pcb, all of which seldom fo wrong during the period of manufacturer's guarantee, and dmitedly the mid position valve is no saint, but it's quite a simple device against that small list. I prefer S plan myself.

Look, don't get me wrong, I fit combis if that's what people want, I'm not afraid of them, yes they do carry benefits which some people value greater than the shortcomings.

Recently I took my unvented certificate, those guys are fairly certain that the way forward is the system boiler and unvented water storage or thermal store.

I am very fortunate to have a 4 story house so I can manage with open vented hot water and the old 3/4 inch pipes.

My wifes bras actually are what you're most likely to find hung off our Grundfos pump which is probably as old as the Ideal Mexico.

I'm not against modern trends, I fit condensing boilers primarily now, I'd have one at home if my Ideal Mexico became obsolete, which I expect to happen. I now find many regular boilers have a number of obsolete parts.

I love system boilers, saves all that hassle enticing water through the pipes. The added controls of a modern boiler don't scare me, mostly they are reliable and simple to diagnose.

No I recon to be fair, to have a level headed view of all the factors involved in boiler choice, fit combis where appropriate, and when I take out the old cylinder I'm glad for the T money I get for it, and the spead with which I can fit the combi.

Combi swaps are a dream.

Bring em on.